IBM HTTP Server Will Not Configure
OS Level: Unspecified
Configuration of the IBM HTTP Server fails with the following error:
error: httpd cannot determine local host name set
ServerName directive. Could not configure port 80.
Check to determine if another service is using port
Complete the following steps.
- If no other service is using port 80, edit the following file:
- At version 1.3.3, /usr/lpp/HTTPServer/etc/httpd.conf
- At version 1.3.6, /usr/HTTPServer/conf/httpd.conf
- Insert the host name on the following line. Ensure that the line is
uncommented by removing the
pound (#) symbol at the start of the line.
- Save the changes.
- Enter the following command:
[ Doc Ref: 97371226018960 Publish Date: Nov. 08, 2000 4FAX Ref: none ]