Error "/usr/lpp/bosinst/bi_main /var/adm/ras/bi.log cannot
OS Level: 126.96.36.199
The following error is received:
/usr/lpp/bosinst/bi_main /var/adm/ras/bi.log cannot create
This error may be caused for one of two reasons:
In maintenance mode, run the df command to see if /var
is mounted and to check which file system is full.
- /var does not have enough space for the restore log,
bi.log. Thus, it fills the file system.
- /var is not mounted because it is not listed as
type=bootfs in /etc/filesystems. Thus, bi.log
fills the root file system.
Following are the guidelines for a workaround solution to both problems.
- Start the restore again using the keydance process. That is, type
911 at the main installation screen. This will write bi.log
to the standard out instead of to a file.
- If the problem occurs because of reason 1 above, increase the size
of /var, either before making the mksysb or after the keydance
process has been followed. The system should be up and running.
- If the problem occurs because of reason 2, /etc/filesystems
will have to be edited to contain the proper information, again either
before the mksysb or after the keydance restore.
[ Doc Ref: 95384125513822 Publish Date: Apr. 28, 2000 4FAX Ref: none ]