How to Set Up sar
About this document
How to set up sar data files
This document applies to AIX Version 4.
- The following errors indicate that the data collection programs have not been set up
to collect the data that sar reports. If you see either of the following errors, go
to step 1 of the "How to set up sar data files" section in this document.
sar:0551-201 cannot open /usr/adm/sa/sa12
sar:0551-213 try running /usrlib/sa/sa1
- If on bootup (or when running the sar command) you see the following error, go
to step 4 of the "How to set up sar data files" section.
sar: 0511-211 specify a positive integer for the time change
- Log in as root and enter su - adm.
- Enter crontab -e.
- Uncomment the following lines by removing the # sign from the front of each
#0 8-17 * * 1-5 /usr/lib/sa/sa1 1200 3 &
#0 * * * 0,6 /usr/lib/sa/sa1 &
#0 18-7 * * 1-5 /usr/lib/sa/sa1 &
#5 18 * * 1-5 /usr/lib/sa/sa2 -s 8:00 -e 18:01 -i 3600 -ubcwyaqvm &
- Uncomment the following line in the /etc/rc file:
#/bin/su - root -c /usr/lib/sa/sadc /usr/adm/sa/sa`date +%id`
- Reboot the system. This will turn on the data collection programs the sar
command uses for displaying data.
[ Doc Ref: 90605221714618 Publish Date: Jan. 24, 2001 4FAX Ref: 2446 ]